Wednesday, August 8, 2012

May I Speak to Sir Richard Branson Please


I was in the kitchen at my parent’s house the other day and I noticed a note on the counter. I’m the nosey type, so I had to read what was on it. I’m looking down at the little sticky note and all that is written on it is “Richard Branson?” I found this to be an odd little note, so I asked Mom what it was for. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: “Hey Mom, what’s this note on the counter about Richard Branson for?”

Mom: “Oh yeah, I want Sam to call him!” (Sam is my little brother)

Me (while giggling): “Mom, why do you want Sam to call Richard Branson? And just how easy do you think it is to call him?”

Mom: “Well Sam is has such an entrepreneur type of mind and he’s always got these good ideas. Richard Branson is a great entrepreneur so I thought he’d be a good person for Sam to talk to.”

Me (still giggling): “Well I can see why Sam would want to talk to him, but why would Richard Branson want to talk to Sam?”

Mom: “Well why wouldn’t he want to talk to Sam?”

After that question I stopped giggling and just stood there silent. I had nothing to say. She had made a very fair point. Everyone that knows Sam enjoys talking to him, so why wouldn’t Richard Branson also.

So… Sir Richard Branson, if you’re out there somewhere reading this, my mom would really like for you to have a chat with my brother sometime. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment