Monday, July 30, 2012

A House Divided


As I’m sure most of you already know, football is pretty huge here in the South. And being from Alabama means the biggest rivalry around is between Auburn and Alabama. As it happens, I am an Auburn fan and the new fiancé is an Alabama fan. We are a house divided. He is of the belief that he can convert me, but I’m afraid he’s in for a rude awakening. I’m not a diehard fan like some others, but I also don’t see my allegiance changing any time soon. I never actually attended Auburn University, but my little brother did, so there is some family history of attendance. I know, without a doubt, that there is no way the fiancé would ever change his allegiance and I don’t ever intend to try making him. Neither of us in an aggressive or mean fan, so I think being a house divided will end up bringing a little bit of a fun rivalry into the house instead of any discord.

How about you and your family? Does everyone support the same team or are you also a house divided?

No comments:

Post a Comment